Wednesday, December 1, 2010

back in the swing of things

Phew.  I've successfully completed 3 work days (although I'll be at school for another hour) since returning from Virginia, and I am pooped.  I always know that my kids will come back from Thanksgiving, psyched for Christmas and full of energy, but I'm never quite prepared for it.  Last year I didn't notice it so much; my class was crazy all day, every day.  But this year, dealing with my little angels when they're unable to sit still on the rug or walk in line straight... I'm just not used to it and it is exhausting!  The countdown is 12- 12 more days until 2 glorious weeks off.

Cori reminded me this week of Philippians 4:4-7- Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again: rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, in prayer and petition, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

I'm definitely clinging to that... to the offering of thanks, and the longing for peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment