Sunday, November 7, 2010

cute kids, hot date, and Halloween

Just wanted to share some highlights from the past month or so of my life...

3 of my precious first graders this year- Tatiana, Kiya, and Kenshawn.  This is at a sock hop- aka, an hour on a random Friday where the pre-K to 3rd graders pack into the cafetorium (cafeteria + auditorium), blast music, and either bust out dance moves you know they learned from watching their mamas or just race around the room.  Very fun, very hectic.  Cori came to this one, and my kids loved meeting 'Mr. Cori.'  Their assessment?  "He's really tall!"


Speaking of Cori- we celebrated 9 months on October 1.  I know, I know, since then we've celebrated 10 months, but 9 months felt like more of a mile marker.  The beginning of the month was hectic for us, but a few weeks later, we were able to spend the whole day enjoying each other.  Cori planned a day of surprises for me with little clues- the farmers market, lunch at a yummy deli, the zoo, and finally, dinner at Tommy's.  My parents had kindly given me a gift card months back so that Cori and I could have a fancy dinner out (teacher's salary and grad school loans only stretch so far!) and we finally took advantage of it.  Tommy's was absolutely delicious, and we went all out- wine, appetizers, and amazing entrees.  It was wonderful to get dressed up and go out in style with my favorite!



And lastly, Halloween.  Our friend Craig had a cd release show at Carollton Station on October 30th, so our crowd donned costumes and went to his show.  For those of you non-New Orleanians, these are my precious roommates- Laura (Carmen San Diego), Kim (a flapper), and me (a princess- yes, I wore the crown that my girls wear on their birthdays and used it as an excuse to wear a pretty dress.)

And now?  Counting down the days until Thanksgiving break!  I absolutely adore my students this year, but Miss Taylor needs a vacation!

1 comment:

  1. You look hot in that little black dress! Can't wait to see you over Thanksgiving break!! :)

    ReplyDelete