Sunday, June 24, 2012

the Gospel Coalition Women's Conference

  






This weekend I had the wonderful privilege of attending The Gospel Coalition's Women's Conference with some sweet girlfriends.  Lindsey, Akenia, Stephanie, and I left Tampa on Friday afternoon and made the hour and a half-ish trek to Orlando.  We were blessed to hear from fabulous speakers- Tim Keller, John Piper, and more- and spend quality time with each other.


I can be a slow processor sometimes, so it may be a while before I can fully write about what I learned.  I will say that I enjoyed how every speaker fully focused on Jesus and the importance, the beauty of seeing His face.  I was also encouraged that they acknowledged that life is hard; so often, I think Christians can pretend that being a Christian equals no more struggles or hardships.  The reality?  Life is rough.  But the beauty is that Jesus is our Advocate, our Rescuer.


...and, just a side note... I chopped off my hair.  It had gotten super long, but it's short again.  Pictures to come! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment