Sunday, February 6, 2011

virginia is for lovers.

This weekend, Cori and I had the joy of attending a wedding in Virginia Beach.  Cori was good friends with Gonzo at Virginia Tech, so I was excited to meet him and his girlfriend when they visited us in New Orleans, LA, last March.  Sarah and I enjoyed getting to know each other as Cori and Gonzo caught up, and the 4 of us had a wonderful weekend, eating crawfish, taking the streetcar, and checking out the herb gardens of the Willow House. ;)

No one was surprised when Gonzo and Sarah got engaged over the summer- when they visited in the spring, Gonzo already had the ring, and despite their short dating period (less than me and Cori!), we all knew it was only a matter of time.

It was a fun day.  I got to meet more of Cori's friends, spend more time with the ones I already love, and celebrate with a very happy couple.  Plus, there's something about being engaged that makes weddings even more exciting.  You know, I get to take notes. ;)

And now?  An entire week off work!  We get 10 days off a year, and they carry over from year to year, so I've collected quite a few.  I felt a little bad asking for 5 days off- what will my babies do without me?!- but even with this, I have a lot left... and what better reason to take off than the desperate need to plan wedding?  I'm definitely thankful for the time; it's been exhausting to come home from school at 6:30, pooped, and have wedding tasks to complete... and even more difficult when it's all long distance.  Cori and I are meeting with photographers, tasting our menu options for our reception, getting some pre-marital counseling from my pastor, and more.  We're also hoping for a little time to relax! :)

What does your weekend hold for you?

1 comment:

  1. i have a pretty low-key weekend coming up...so that means i should be working on my book. it's on the schedule, so let's see if i follow through with that. :)

    i miss you, little froommate.

    annnnnnnnnd i love you.

    ReplyDelete