Wednesday, May 9, 2012

6 years ago...

This past weekend marked 6 years since my college graduation.  It's crazy to think that just 6 years ago, I was closing the door on one of the most profound chapters in my life.  It's only appropriate that I take a few moments to reminisce about my 4 wonderful years at James Madison University.  These were my pre-digital camera years, so pardon the randomness of some of these pictures.



Freshman year

Jenny and I at Homecoming.  This was almost 10 years ago, so I guess I shouldn't be shocked by how young we look... but it's hard to look at this picture and think about Jenny preparing to be a mom and me being married.  We're such babies here!

Sophomore year

My precious sophomore year Bible study
a snow day with my friend Erin- and sadly, I don't remember the girl in the middle's name... I think it was Erin, too?


Capture the flag!  Suz, me, and Caitlyn


the LLAMA FARM!  So much love for Harrisonburg, VA.


Big Break (a spring break trip with Campus Crusade for Christ ) 2004


Junior year




BFF's!  Junior year was the year that Katherine and I really became inseperable.

One of many crazy nights with Katherine... dressing up our friends Paul and John.
my housemates for the year!  the Pearl!



Senior year

Every year, Crusade would have a night of 'Wacky Tacky Rollerskating'... and Katherine and I are at our best when we're dressed in ridiculous costumes.  Our wonderful housemate Meagan got in on the fun with us!


SO much to love in this picture!  1. the plastic horse that Katherine and I were obsessed with and 2. my Katrina relief team- these were the wonderful friends I went to Pass Christian with that Christmas, 4 months after Katrina hit.  This trip is what caused me to go to New Orleans and these friends were SO precious to me!
the MAFIA!  Erin, Rachel, Caitlyn, Katherine, Kim, me- some of my closest girlfriends from JMU!



in a word: ridiculousness.  Sara, me, Katherine, Krista.  performing 'my life be like' by Grits at a Cru coffee shop
they were precious to me then, and they're precious to me now!  so much love for caitlyn and katherine :)

 So, I definitely have some fun pictures from summer project in Myrtle Beach and graduation... but this post already has about a million pictures and I need to do some other things, so I'll save it for another time.  Thanks for walking down memory lane with me :)



3 comments:

  1. I just died laughing seeing that picture of Paul. Where did you get that ugly dress, and why did you make him wear it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... Katherine and I had some pretty amazing Goodwill finds back in the day, I think that's where it's from. I believe Katherine wanted them to give a gift to her little sister in Student Ambassadors at JMU. I'm pretty sure we said, "You're doing this because we made cookies for you to eat." We could be pretty persuasive... and your hubby has always been good for being ridiculous. ;)

      Delete
  2. This is an amazing post! So many fun memories! AND THE CAPTURE THE FLAG NIGHT! I totally forgot about that! Fun times!! :)

    ReplyDelete