Monday, May 7, 2012

enter.

Every day I have spent in Uganda has been beautifully overwhelming; everywhere I have looked, raw, filthy, human need and brokenness have been on display, begging for someone to meet them, fix them.  And even though I realize I cannot always mend or meet, I can enter in.  I can enter into someone's pain and sit with them and know.  This is Jesus.  Not that He apologizes for the hard and the hurt, but that He enters in, He comes with us to the hard places.  And so I continue to enter.  from the book Kisses from Katie


I'm currently getting my butt kicked by reading this book, and I'm really enjoying it.  It's a true story about a girl named Katie, who moved to Uganda after graduating high school, is now 23, and is in the process of adopting 13 little orphan girls.  Talk about living out what Jesus says about caring for the poor!  I'm only on chapter 2, but this passage really struck me, and since I can't underline or highlight a library book, I thought I'd share it here.  I'm not saying that we're all called to move to Uganda, but the truth is, we are all called to enter in.



2 comments:

  1. Might have to look into this book... Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could I borrow that book when you are finished?

    ReplyDelete