Saturday, May 19, 2012

in sickness and in health.

I've been a little under the weather today.  Nothing too major; just your typical headache/stuffy nose/sore throat/aches that everyone comes down with every once in a while.  I've spent the day alternating between our bed and the couch, napping, reading, fooling around on the computer... and being pitiful.


I'll own it.  I can be a bit melodramatic when I'm not feeling well.  Thankfully, my sweet, sweet husband not only tolerates me, he cares for very well.  He brings me water, hands me my laptop even when it's only mere feet away from me, and goes to the store to get me medicine.  


I was reminded today of the time I got some sort of 24 hour bug while we were engaged.  It was a Friday night and the next day I was supposed to go wedding dress shopping with my roommates.  Instead, I spent the night vomiting.  My sweet Cori stayed with me the whole night, sleeping curled up in a ball on the edge of my bed.  Every few hours I'd wake up, throw up into a plastic bag, cry, and then fall back to sleep for a few more hours.  Cori would switch out the plastic bags, try to soothe me, then wait for me to wake up again.  He even ran to Walgreens in the middle of the night to get me Pepto-Bismal (which, sadly, didn't stay down).  I realize this isn't the prettiest of stories, but it was a very tender moment of my husband-to-be caring for me.  It was a huge comfort to see him react so kindly to me in my sickness.  I didn't find my wedding dress that day (we went Monday instead, so it was no huge deal) but I did discover another reason why this man I was planning to marry was such a treasure.


I told Cori today that I don't think I'll ever forget the love he showed me that night.  What can I say?  My husband is the best.

1 comment:

  1. It's always the sweet, yet not so glamorous, memories like this that I love the most! I tend not to be a special occasion person, but I find something profoundly sweet in the everyday, ordinary moments of life.

    ReplyDelete