Thursday, July 5, 2012

first full day at sea :)

Alright, so I'll own it- I'm having a great time going through our pictures and reflecting on our trip... so instead of saving day 2 for tomorrow, I'm going for it today. :)

Sunday, July 1: Day Two

just a glimpse of our beautiful view!
We woke up Sunday morning ready for our first full day of cruising.  We enjoyed a slow morning, eating breakfast from the buffet at Paris Restaurant, which was on the Lido deck, spending a bit of time reading and praying, and then getting ready for the day.


love, love.

And by getting ready for the day, I mean that we changed into our bathing suits, slathered on the sunscreen, and headed to the top deck to get some sun!  We enjoyed reading and relaxing in the sun as the waves went by below us.  We also watched the 'Hairy Chest contest' and laughed as several hairy-chested men competed by dancing and strutting their stuff.  
getting some sunshine!


On a related side note, let me admit something: I am addicted to cute dresses.  It's funny to think, because 5 years ago, I was still living in shorts and baggy t-shirts, but in the last few years (with some help from my fashionable girlfriends!) I've slowly figured out my style, and it capitalizes on clothes that are cute but comfortable.  Because of this cute dress addiction, I've accumulated quite a few- and while some I wear to work, others I just don't have as many opportunities to wear.  So when it came to packing for this cruise, I was determined to wear as many as possible!  And I gotta say- I think I did a pretty good job of fitting in as many outfits as I could.  Sunday is a perfect example- I wore a cute skirt and tank top in the morning, a bright, fun maxi dress as a bathing suit cover-up in the afternoon, and then another dress that evening.


Sunday evening was 'elegant attire' for dinner, so I happily classed it up a bit and was happy to have my handsome hubby dress up, too.

I mean, you know... I think we make a pretty good-looking couple.

getting ready for the events of the evening!
Sunday night we were able to catch the tail-end of a break-dance show, and then headed to 'Shout,' the singing/dancing performance of the evening.  They went through songs from the 70s and 80s, and the singing, dancing, and costumes were amazing!  I love musicals, so this was pretty much the perfect  thing for me!




















hi friend!


We were scheduled to dock in Grand Cayman at 8am the next morning, so after the show we headed back to our room... and were greeted by our first little towel creature of the week from our 'stateroom steward,' Joel.  I'll be honest- I'm not positive what this little guy is, but I love him!







1 comment:

  1. Yay! I also love blogging about our trips! Easier and cheaper than scrap booking. Can't wait to read the rest!!

    ReplyDelete