Tuesday, July 31, 2012

tampa top five

Sigh... I spent a long time on Saturday night putting together a post with pictures of my time in NOLA, with plans to post it yesterday- the year anniversary of moving... and then it didn't save.  Sadness.  We'll see if I decide to re-do it at another point.  BUT, I had already decided to post today about Tampa.  So, without further ado- in honor of 1 year living in Tampa...


Top 5 Favorite Things about Tampa


1.  Our house!




Can I just say, I love where we live?  Our little corner of Tampa has a unique feel to it and reminds me a bit of NOLA in that sense.  There are some fun little shops and restaurants nearby, there's differing architecture, and we're not far from the interstate.  And our house- well, I may be partial, considering it's our first home together (not counting our month-long sublet in N.O.), but it's pretty darn adorable.  We also happen to have the best neighbors with the 2 sweetest little boys.


2. Our church.

I blogged here about why I love our church so much, so I'll hold back my gushing.  Suffice it to say- I love it and the friends we've made through it.


3. The BEACH!


































It takes us 15 minutes to get to an okay beach, and 45 minutes to get to a really wonderful beach.  I LOVE it!  Seriously, my idea of an amazing day is to spend it lying on the beach, reading, journaling, napping, and listening to music.  I'm trying to take advantage of our close proximity to the beach as much as possible.


4. Our jobs.


For the most part, our jobs seem to be good fits for us, especially Cori, and we're thankful for that.  I've been able to work with younger kids, and Cori's fellowship has been wonderful.


5. This guy!




As hard as it was to leave behind our friends and lives in New Orleans, moving to Tampa brought us closer together.  We've been able to spend tons of time together, and I'm so thankful for it.  What can I say?  He's pretty much my favorite.  :)

2 comments:

  1. What a blessing to love where you live the first year of marriage! With so much adjustment that is an amazing gift from God. Love you and just love seeing your joy come out in your post! I know every comment I post says something like that, but it just makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, so happy for you two but miss you terribly!

    ReplyDelete