Sunday, July 8, 2012

cruisin' back home

Wednesday, July 4: Day five.


Our last full day of cruisin' was Wednesday as we headed back to Tampa.  Our morning was pretty chill... we enjoyed breakfast in the dining room (the other days we'd opted for the buffet- similar food, but they had french toast, which is Cori's favorite), looking at some of the pictures they'd taken of us on the cruise (but chose not to purchase any), played a game of air hockey, and attempted a game of Phase 10 (which we didn't finish because I potentially got too competitive and got mad when Cori was creaming me... evidence that just because I go on vacation, my sin nature does not- definitely in need of a Savior!).


We spent the afternoon reading and napping, but while I was eager to soak up more sun, Cori had had his fill of being outside while we were in Cozumel and opted to stay inside.  Buuuuuut he did join me later so we could finally check out the water slide at the pool. I think both of us had low expectations for it, but it turned out to be AWESOME!  We went down twice, spent a few minutes in the hot tub, and then decided it was time to get ready for dinner.


We settled down for our last dinner- I got the mahi mahi and saved enough room for dessert- chocolate melting cake.  We had this earlier in the week and I knew I needed it one last time before we left.  It is AMAZING!  Apparently it's been rated as one of the best desserts- by whom, I have no idea, but I believe it!  The middle is all warm and melty and gooey and... I'll stop salivating now, but just trust me.  SO. SO. GOOD.



yum!


Afterwards we headed to a family comedy show.  It was pretty funny, and while we waited to start gave us a good opportunity for a mini photo shoot...


attractive, i know.

Punchliner Comedy Club

After the comedy show, we headed to a singing/dancing performance.  It was country themed, which we didn't realize going into it.  Great for me, not as exciting for Cori... but he still enjoyed it.  My favorite part was when the fiddle player played 'Devil Went Down to Georgia.'  It was beautiful!

After the show, we decided to walk around the top deck for a bit.  It was a beautiful night, and we spent a long time just peacefully watching the ocean and looking at the stars.

We also chatted with a kind woman for a bit, and she was so sweet- she told us we were a cute couple and offered to take a picture of us.  I know my hair looks a little crazy in this picture- windy!- but it was great to capture such a beautiful night.
We finally left the top deck and went to check on the other festivities.  We danced it up at the on-board nightclub, Rex, for a bit.  The evening was a great combination of two of my favorite sides of Cori- I love that we can be chill together yet also be silly and crazy.  I was reminded of our second date- we went to our friends' Scott and Rebekah's wedding and afterwards went to the Bridge Lounge.  At both places we spent hours dancing and I remember getting home and being on cloud 9.


Finally, we called it a night.


our last towel creation!

happy.


Thursday, July 5: Day 5.1


We docked in Tampa around 6am, and it was a noisy arrival.  Cori and I took advantage of being up early and watched the last bit of the sunrise.  Then we filled up with one last yummy breakfast.  Seriously, I've realized that Cori LOVES french toast, but it's only when we go out, like on our honeymoon or on this cruise.  I think the difference is that when we make it at home, we just use regular bread, but other places use thicker bread.  Anyway, I digress.  After breakfast, we gathered the last of our things from the room and spent just a little bit longer on the top deck while we waited for our debarkation zone to be called.





nom nom nom

seriously, this kid loved his french toast!

...and one last ice cream cone before leaving the ship!
We got off the ship, went through customs, took a shuttle to the lot where our car was parked, and were home around noon on Thursday.  We've spent the weekend catching up on life things- grocery shopping, laundry, mowing the lawn, etc.  We've also enjoyed some fun things, like eating some New Orleanian food at the Second Line Cafe with our neighbors (can't pass up an opportunity to have crawfish etouffee and beignets when you're in Tampa... also, seeing 4 year old Jude eat a beignet was one of the most hilarious things ever... sugar EVERYWHERE), napping, cuddling with Willow (who has been extra affectionate since we got back), seeing the Amazing Spiderman, running (did you catch the part where I ate 5 million ice cream cones on this cruise?), and I obviously have spent a lot of time blogging!

Tomorrow is back to work, but hopefully we'll start the week refreshed!  We had the most wonderful week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment