Wednesday, April 11, 2012

ceremony.



Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful from beginning to end.  Here's a peek...

mother of the bride and brother of the bride :)

Cori's parents


my adorable flower girls!  Ellie and Carly
Cori, seeing me for the first time :)

no more nerves here! so proud to be on my daddy's arm, walking to the man i love



giving away of the bride...

Such an honor to have sweet friends read Scripture at our wedding.  Above, Lisa Cox (now Lisa Nelson!) and Jenny White below










So thankful to have Steve Shelby, pastor of West End Presbyterian Church, marry us.  I grew up in WEPC and God has used it over the years to teach my parents to love Him and love me, to show me who Jesus is, and to support me as I grew in my relationship with Him.

the kiss!

I love this view!

We did it!

First few moments as husband and wife

A few more details to capture... one of my very favorite moments of our ceremony was when we sang 'In Christ Alone.'  My friend Caitlyn sang, and Cori's friend Isaac sang and played the piano; the congregation sang along.  As we worshiped the Lord, I had this moment where I knew God was there.  I had prayed that our wedding would be different, that people who didn't know the Lord at this wedding might see how our wedding wasn't about us- it was about Jesus.  As we sang, I knew it was apparent that Jesus was with us.  That might sound Jesus, but it was beautiful.  Absolutely beautiful!  All in all, the ceremony flew by, and I was thankful for our amateur recording the church gave us that allowed us to relive some of those moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment