Saturday, March 31, 2012

almost to the aisle.

Below are some snapshots from the few hours before our wedding.  I'm already excited to post pictures of our ceremony.  I recently (and by recently, I mean like an hour ago) finished a series I've been reading for years, and it culminates in the main character's wedding.  I found myself tearing up as the author wrote about the proposal, the shopping for the wedding dress, the rehearsal, and of course the wedding. It reminded me just how beautiful and unique that season of life is, and I can't wait to reminisce about our ceremony.


I didn't do bridal portraits, so I asked my photographer if we could find time before the ceremony to make sure we were able to get some good shots of me in my dress.  Here are a few favorites :)

The brick church building and this archway was the perfect back drop!

Seriously loved these shoes and how they looked in pictures!

I love his natural smile here!

Sassy bridal party!



SO thankful for who these women have been in my life- on my wedding day and every day before and since!

Good-looking groomsmen and hubby!

From right to left- Seth, one of Cori's closest friends at VT, Adam, his best friend since childhood- also his best man!, Casey, his brother, and obvi- Cori himself


Other moments to remember from before the ceremony: reading the letters Cori and I had written for each other. Having girlfriends come in to freak out with me for a few minutes before the wedding actually began.  Being calm the whole day and then getting really nervous right before walking down the aisle- not about marriage, but about being in front of so many people.  I had to laugh, because I was nervous and I LOVE being the center of attention.  My thought was- how do shy people have wedding ceremonies?!  My bridesmaids and Dad were great with me though, and I'll always remember how Laura tried to calm me down.  I had shared that a few months before the wedding I had written myself a letter reminding myself about how much I love Cori.  That might seem crazy to some to have to do, but I have some anxiety issues and a friend suggested I have a plan in case I started to freak out.  Anyway, as we're walking toward the sanctuary, moments before I walk down the aisle, Laura starts writing me a letter out loud.  "Dear Rebecca, this is going to be amazing..."  My dad also has a special memory of soothing me in those moments.  (And for the record, the moment I saw Cori, all nervousness melted away and you couldn't wipe the ridiculous grin off my face.)



3 comments:

  1. So Sweet Rebecca! Thanks for sharing! I love hearing your heart about your wedding and marriage. I can just hear the beaming joy and happiness as you write!

    Lynsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are terrific! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that you wrote yourself a letter to remind you how much you love Cori! That is so you!!!! Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete