Sunday, March 18, 2012

brought to you by the letter B.

As I've reflected on my weekend, I realized something: all the highlights started with the letter B.  The early childhood education teacher in me kind of really loves that.


Bikes
Cori and I have gotten such joy out of my new bike.  [He's had one for years and I've just never been able to accompany him.]  On Friday after work, we biked around our neighborhood, enjoying the cool of the evening and soaking up the uniqueness of where we live.  I don't know if I've said it before, but I absolutely love the part of Tampa we live in.  In a lot of ways, it reminds me of New Orleans with its atypical architecture and 'small town in the midst of a big town' feel.  We rode by houses, the river, and Hillsborough High School, which is this massively beautiful brick structure.  I prayed about the future and for once let myself get excited instead of just scared about the possibilities in front of us.  Saturday morning we were off again, this time in search of a farmer's market (no luck there- maybe it's just one Saturday a month?) and checking out a couple cute little stores.


Breakfast for Dinner
I was so excited to make this recipe for Applesauce Pancakes... and it was an utter fail.  No idea what went wrong, but they tasted like baking soda, through and through.  Thankfully I made eggs, hash browns, and bacon as sides while Cori took charge of the pancakes, so dinner wasn't a complete fail.


Bed
Cori and I were both exhausted after a long week.  Cori was out of town from Sunday to Wednesday, and I'll be honest- I didn't sleep well with him gone.  I'm a self-admitted scaredy-cat and I slept with the lights on, not fully relaxed, anxious that someone was going to break in.  Then on Thursday night I had some drama with my car getting towed [that's a story for another day!], so by Friday, Cori and I were ready to crash.  We were asleep before 11 and slept until almost 10, and it was BEAUTIFUL!


Beach
I'm obsessed with the beach.  There, I said it.  I LOVE living close to the beach and was so thankful for the opportunity to go and spend an hour and a half  just relaxing.  And... it doesn't hurt that I got a little overzealous in buying bikinis for our honeymoon and am loving every opportunity to wear them again!


Burger 21
Cori and I had heard about how yummy Burger 21 was, so we decided to check it out.  The consensus?  Definitely yummy- especially my chocolate peanut butter milkshake!- but our lives weren't changed.  Cori's thought was that 5 Guys is still his favorite burger joint.  Don't get me wrong- we'd go there again, we just didn't leave gushing like we did when we went to Ella's.  


Babies
Slow down, now.  No Pflugradt babies are coming any time soon.  But we did have the joy of working with the babies in the nursery at church.  I loved watching Cori play with the little ones- he even changed his very first diaper!  It was a poopy one, too, so he definitely got fully initiated.  One thing I love about the nursery at our church is that they make a point to have a Bible story and prayer time with all the age groups, even the littlest ones.  Cori and I prayed for each child, asking Jesus to bless their parents as they raised them and to one day bring each baby into a relationship with Him.  Beautiful!


Other than that, our weekend was full of reading [books! another b!], grocery shopping and randoms around the house.  Cori has become a mini-electrician this weekend and even now is in the attic, trying to rewire our fans and light switches.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment