Sunday, March 11, 2012

happy randoms.

1. Made some yummy meals in the past week: my dear friend Lori's chicken pot pie, spaghetti carbonara being our 2 faves.


2. Been enjoying these verses- Philippians 1:21 and Hebrews 11:1- and have been trying to use www.blueletterbible.org to help me better understand them.  My church is big into going back to the original Greek to get a more accurate grasp of what they means, and this website definitely helps with that!


3.  Got Girl Scout cookies today!  Wahooo!  Thin Mints, Tagalongs, Samoas, and Savannah Smiles.  Yum.


4. Yesterday, Cori and I went to a birthday party for our 7 year old neighbor.  The theme was zombies, and the highlight was that Nick, the dad, cut and connected PVC pipe into guns so that the kids (and the adults... I'd be lying if I didn't say that Cori got pretty into it) could shoot each other with marshmellows.  The good news is, if a zombie apocalypse ever comes, we know how to defend ourselves. ;)


5. Watched the Switch with Cori last night.  We rented it while we were dating, and when I saw it at the library this week, I knew I had to grab it.  Seriously, I love love love LOVE this movie!


6. Taxes are complete!  My sweet husband went to H.R. Block to do them since this was such a confusing year for us- filing jointly, but for the first half of the year we were single; I've had 2 different jobs, Cori has student loans... blech.  But it's over, and next year shouldn't be nearly so complicated.


7. Definitely enjoying my new bike.  Yesterday Cori and I played a game where he had to find me as I rode around our neighborhood.  Things we learned?  First, we're waaaay cool to play such an awesome game.  Second, we had a blast so I don't really care that we're dorks. :)  Third, I hope I'm never stalked in real life- there was just a hit of eery, riding around, trying not to be found.

1 comment:

  1. 1. I want those two recipes!

    2. You two are too cute with your bike version of hide and go seek!

    ReplyDelete