Sunday, March 4, 2012

weekend.

After our busy weekend celebrating Cori's birthday, and a long week at school, I was beyond ready for Friday to be here.  There are weeks that are chill and while the weekend is always a welcome visitor, it isn't necessary.  And then there are weeks where you are just so stinkin' grateful that the weekend came and wonder why it didn't a few days earlier.


We had a pretty wonderful weekend.  One of my college roommates, Rachel Bishop, tagged along with her husband for a medical conference in St. Pete, right outside Tampa.  I hadn't seen Rachel since my wedding and hadn't seen Steven since a crazy trip to Charlottesville the BFF and I made during my 'hurrication' about 4 years ago... but that's another story.  Somehow we didn't get any pictures, but we had a great time together.  Steven and Cori, both science-minded, got along well, and Rachel and I were thrilled to catch up with each other.  The 4 of us went to dinner on Friday, then Saturday, while Steven was getting all doctor-educated, went and hung out with Rachel.  We grabbed lunch with Steven during his break and then walked around the bay, soaking up the sun (GORGEOUS weekend here!) and tried not to get blown away.


The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing at home with Cori: naps, reading, the Wii, church, grocery shopping, catching up on the Office and 30 Rock... it was lovely.


I'll leave you with a picture of my two favorites doing what they do best- namely, being adorable.





It was so cute how Willow just snuggled up on Cori's chest as he was playing Zelda.  Love it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment