Sunday, February 12, 2012

bikes & Busch Gardens.

If there's anyone out there that reads this blog consistently, you'll note that my blogging has gone way up recently.  Part of this is due to my goal to blog more.  The bigger part, however, has been my goal to spend less time on facebook this month.  I've been checking every few days to make sure I don't miss out someone's birthday or a comment on my wall, but I have refrained from my typical obsessive daily stalking.  This has been a good thing in my life; however, it has made me run to the blog more to share things I normally would just post in a status.


Tonight, I want to share about two purchases Cori and I made recently.  (And by recently, I mean, in the last hour.)


1.  The first one is this:


Cori and I have been talking about wanting to get me a bike so we can explore Tampa together.  Thanks to a Wal-Mart gift card from his parents, we finally went for it!  We checked out several in stores, but the selection was much better online.  We tried out the men's version of this bike and liked it a lot, so we have high hopes that when this gal arrives in a week or so, she'll be a winner.  I'm loving the shiny white and pink!

2.  Our second purchase was two tickets to Busch Gardens.  Cori suggested this when I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday- February 25th!- and we decided it was the perfect thing.  Plus, for just $10 more than a day pass, we'll be able to go as much as we want for the rest of 2012.  Score!  We've been wanting to go to Busch Gardens since we moved here (although I'll be honest, I've been pushing Disney World the most!  and we WILL get there someday- but for now, Busch Gardens is the closer, cheaper, more practical- but still very fun- option) and nothing says special occasion like my hubby's 27th birthday.  :)  

At first I thought this was the first married birthday we'd spent together, then remembered that we celebrated mine back in August.  Cori definitely tried to make it special, but we'd been in Tampa for 4 days, and spent the night before in a Super 8.  We did move into our new home that day, but the AC hadn't kicked on yet and it was hecka HOT that day.  We also didn't have any furniture yet, so we spent the night (and many nights afterward...) on a pile of blankets on the hardwood floor.  Cori did take me out for a yummy dinner and we had celebrated in New Orleans before we left... but remember that part about the Super 8?  And the no AC?  And no furniture?  Haha, all that I'm saying is that in comparison, Cori's birthday just has no choice but to be fabulous. :)



1 comment:

  1. Love that you are blogging more!!!! Hope ya'll have fun at Busch Gardens, we keep saying that we want to go to the one up here.

    ReplyDelete