Wednesday, February 8, 2012

smiles

8 things that are making me smile this february 8th:


1. some of our favorite meals for dinner this week: chicken parm on Monday, shrimp roban tonight, and tuesday was a yummy new find: potato crusted fish
2. mardi gras is coming up, and while i'm SO sad to not be in nola, we found out publix sells king cakes!  i think i'm going to buy several and bring them into different aspects of my life here- Bible study, work, home- to help us celebrate!
3. cori's birthday is February 25th and we're going to go to Busch Gardens!  also excited to celebrate his birthday for the first time as his wife :)
4. these fun blogs that my sweet bff sent me: http://shannonbrown.typepad.com/life_in_general/2011/01/lets-go-on-a-date-january.html
http://loveactually-blog-ideas.blogspot.com.au/
http://fridaywereinlove.blogspot.com.au/
5. dancing in the kitchen to pop songs like flo rida's 'i get a good feeling'
6. catching up with my two best friends, katherine and kim, this week (via the phone, obvi).  seriously, i miss these two ladies SO much!  i'm still developing friendships with girls here, so the chances to talk to kim and katherine this week- women who just know my heart and who i just love so dearly- have been absolutely beautiful.
7. my sweet pre-k kids.  this week has been exhausting (per the norm- that's the nature of being a teacher!) but my kids are just so much fun!
8. cuddles with willow!  she's taken to sleeping on our bed, and by that i mean, she often sleeps actually on top of us.  to be honest, it doesn't make for the soundest sleep, but she's so stinkin' cute that it's almost worth it.  love her!

1 comment:

  1. I am working in the special ed pre-k classroom now and I love that age!!! I also love publix and sleeping with my kitty too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete