Monday, February 27, 2012

27.



Happy birthday (and 8 month anniversary!), Husband!


It's been a fun birthday weekend with Cori.  He finally caught up with me in age, so I have 6 more months before I go back to robbing the cradle by being the older woman.  ;)


Friday


We went super classy on Friday night by having dinner at Taco Bus.  We've heard about this place for a while- and yes, it is a food truck with a restaurant built around it- and Cori's birthday seemed like a good time to try it.  I know, I know, it doesn't really scream 'special occasion,' but we'd spent beaucoup for our passes for Busch Gardens the next day, so yummy Mexican at a great price was the perfect way to celebrate on a budget.  Our neighbors, Nick and Shera, along with their two cutie kids, Jaxon and Jude, joined us and we enjoyed chatting as we enjoyed tacos, burritos, and the so yummy butternut squash centro.


Then it was back to our place for cake.


I know I'm biased, but isn't this guy handsome?!

Jude helped blow out the candles.  Adorable!  Seriously, this 4 year old is one of our favorite people in Tampa.

Cards from Jaxon and Jude.  And yes, Jaxon's card does have ninjas on it.  These little boys LOVE ninjas.  The only surprise here is that zombies didn't make it on the card, too.

Saturday

We had decided beforehand to enjoy our Saturday morning and not feel the need to rush out to Busch Gardens.  Season passes were only $10 more than a day pass, so we figured, we'd get there when we got there and what we missed out on we'd catch next time.  Definitely a wise choice as it allowed us some quality down-time together.  We slept in, spent some time with Jesus, and of course, opened presents.



My sweet parents got these books for Cori.  They definitely know their son-in-law!




Finally, it was off to Busch Gardens!  Cori had the fun idea to skip out on paying for parking and ride our bikes the mile or two from his work.  I'll be honest, I was slightly terrified- today was my first time riding a bike in over a decade- but it turns out, you really can't forget how to ride a bike.  And don't worry, Mom- we were riding on sidewalks the whole way. ;)

As for the park, it was definitely a good time.  I amused Cori by getting absolutely terrified before every roller coaster ride- 'get me off of this right now' terrified- screaming the whole ride, and then saying, "That was fun!" afterwards.  What can I say?  It's my M.O.  We also took a skyline ride and a train ride and saw lots of animals.  


It's so sad... we have such a hard time fitting into pictures together.  Silly 13 inch difference in height...







bumper cars!


We capped the day off by coming home and watching The Bourne Ultimatum.  


Sunday


Our first stop on Sunday was church.  We were thankful for the opportunity to fellowship and to praise our sweet Lord from whom all blessings flow.  :)  After church, Cori headed out with guy friends from church to do one of his favorite things in the world: play frisbee golf.  I was so thankful he was able to go with these men; while I would have been more than willing to play with him, the truth is pretty simple... I'm awful at it.  Good eye-hand coordination is a must, and I am sadly lacking.


I picked him up several hours later to make our last stop of the birthday weekend: IKEA!  During our initial trips to IKEA in August, Cori found a chair that he loved.  Unfortunately, at the time, our priority (and finances!) lay with more important pieces of furniture... you know, like a bed to sleep in and a dresser to put the clothes that had been exploding out of suitcases in.  I suggested to Cori a few weeks ago that we make this chair his birthday present, and he readily agreed.


Here he is, contentedly sitting in his Poang chair.




We had such a wonderful weekend celebrating Cori!  The only downside was realizing that the weekend was over and that it was time to gear up for another work week.  I'm so thankful for the adventures we went on and the time we had together.  Love you, boo!


And just to leave you with one last picture of our weekend...



Haha, is anyone surprised that it's a picture of Willow?  We're just a little obsessed with our kitten. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment